We are committed to providing safe, comfortable, and welcoming accommodations for all students who choose to live on campus. We continue to strive for an inclusive community that embraces all residents and upholds the NSHE policy on non-discrimination.
We are welcoming and able to assist any student regardless of their race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national or geographical origin, ability or socioeconomic status. Gender Inclusive Housing provides an affirming, safe, and supportive environment for transgender students, gender-nonconforming students, and the larger LGBTQIA+ student community. Gender Inclusive Housing participants must commit to maintaining an inclusive and welcoming living environment (more info for the application on unr.edu/housing). If there is anything we can do to help you be successful living on campus, please contact us at email@example.com.
Living on campus is one of the most rewarding and memorable things you’ll ever do. Make life-long friends, study and work together on homework with classmates right down the hall, and live closer to your classes than most commuters can find parking. Our residence halls are modern and conveniently located – not to mention packed with helpful staff.
The University of Nevada, Reno offers a number of options for living on campus. Take some time to explore our various residence halls (listed below, https://www.unr.edu/housing/residence-halls) and learn about Living Learning Communities, which can supercharge your freshman experience. Wherever you choose to live on campus, you’ll enjoy frequent social events, second-to-none dining, and, of course, a top-tier education. We’re proud to say that our students love it here.
When you join the Wolf Pack, you’ve got the shores of Lake Tahoe – and the slopes surrounding it – within arm’s reach, the Biggest Little City at your side, and the gorgeous Nevada campus at your fingertips. Find your den on campus.
Virtual Tours: unr.edu/housing
– Fall 2020 Housing AVAILABLE
– Application opens SEP 15 every year
The University has 8 Residence Halls:
1) Great Basin Hall – a STEM community focused on supporting and promoting the academic success of students pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
2) Nevada Living Learning Community – home to nine sub-LLCs. Learn more about this beautiful building and how you can be one of the scholars it houses. (visit unr.edu/housing to learn more about LLCs)
3) Peavine Hall – has programs to focus on the 7 Dimensions of Wellness and provide an opportunity for students to explore how each dimension of wellness impacts them.
4) Nye Hall – the largest traditional residence hall on campus.
5) Juniper Hall – suites with single-resident rooms designed for upper-class and transfer students.
6) Manzanita – built in 1896, Manzanita Hall has undergone renovations to accommodate up to 100 residents. Manzanita Hall residents enjoy a lakeside patio and first-floor lounge equipped with billiards and ping pong table.
7) Canada Hall – an excellent alternative to off-campus living for returning students and transfer students.
8) Sierra Hall – singles and doubles designed primarily for returning and transfer students.